Constant moisture and water exposure can cause significant damage to your walls by peeling the paint, allowing mold growth, etc. Now, mold can be damaging to your health as well, which is why the issue needs immediate attention.
What Kind of Water Damage Are We Talking About?
People who live in rainy areas are all aware of the problems caused. Issues of repainting of walls and repairing of doors crop up very often. These are some issues, which people face almost every rainy season –
– You can see your roof staying wet at all times, ultimately giving way to white or greenish black mold. Mold growing this way is not just harmful to your health, but decreases the strength of your walls every time.
– You could see your wooden doors being destroyed or leaking water from every opening created by improper installation.
– If drainage systems around your house are not proper, water accumulated around the base of your house can weaken the foundation of your building.
Water damage could be caused by overflowing water from appliances such as air conditioners, dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines etc. This can be slow yet over a period of time it can cause much damage without you even noticing.
– In hazardous cases of sewage water overflow or floods. Some flood prone areas are known to get flooded by river water every once in a year.
What to Do About Such Water Damage
Luckily, there’s quick professional help available for all such water damage related issues all week and at all times. Water damage restoration experts are well known in this field. Water damage restoration can be expensive, however it’s essential and something you do require expert help for. Ongoing water problems could require the expertise from a foundation waterproofing specialist.
How Do They Go About This Problem?
These water damage repair professionals carry tools specialized to take care of such water-induced damage. These tools are as following:
– Hygrometers that detect the amount of moisture
– Infrared sensors to detect mold and water seepage in areas not visible to naked eyes yet
– Pumps that pump out large quantities of water. These are used in severe levels of water infiltration such as in case of floods.
– Dehumidifiers: These remove moisture from area of damage.
– Deodorizing and disinfecting instruments for molds and other biochemical reactions occurred due to constant moisture.
The first step in treating all kinds of problem is to identify and get rid of the source of the problem. This is done using Hygrometers and Sensors to detect problematic areas, followed by removal of water using dehumidifiers or high power pumps depending on quantity of water accumulated. Sometimes this step could take up weeks. This is followed by deodorizing and disinfection, depending of quality of accumulated water.
Overall, it is important to understand that water damage can be a health hazard both immediately, because of mold as well as other infections spread through water, as well as in long term, as it could weaken infrastructure of your home. So do not wait till it’s too long and get help today!